During the last few weeks, every elected federal politician in Australia has received a series of emails from members of the public. Digital 'read receipts' prove that the vast majority have read them. Only two replied, with one of them, on behalf of a prominent Senator, stating that he "will not be initiating any further intervention into this matter".
This is not remarkable, as literally dozens of emails on the same subject have met the same fate over the previous three months.
What is remarkable, however, is that, de facto, the repeated response failures equate to open complicity with criminality and corruption.
THE CRIMES OF A STATE
In July 2005, Australian citizen, Schapelle Corby, who was facing 20 years in an Indonesian prison, was awaiting her appeal.
On 5th July 2005, the then Australian Justice & Customs Minister, Christopher Ellison, discovered the game changing information: that Schapelle Corby's boogie board bag was the only one not scanned at Sydney airport. Three days later, he withheld this vital primary evidence from her lawyer. Six days later he withheld it again.
AFP Commissioner Michael Keelty had the same information. So did Prime Minister John Howard.
Schapelle Corby was never informed, and this critical evidence was never used to defend her.
This is just one example. Let's take another. Schapelle Corby checked her bags in normally, without excess or fuss. The authorities later discovered that they were 5 kg overweight on the Qantas system. Despite a handy 4.2 kg of marijuana appearing in her bag on arrival in Indonesia, she was never informed. This vital primary evidence was again withheld, and never used to defend her.
More examples? There are literally hundreds. A small sample of the questions recently asked of Australia's politicians, all of which have been ignored, is presented below.
The point here is that this equates to corruption. The wilful withholding of primary evidence from a court of law is illegal (perversion of the course of justice). Wilfully lying to Parliament and its instruments is also an offence (perjury). Covering up known criminal activities is a serious crime in itself (criminal conspiracy).
The political benefits, of protecting the newly privatised Sydney Airport Corporation, brushing AFP corruption under the carpet, and cosying up to a foreign state, do not permit or excuse criminal and corrupt acts, even by Ministers of State.
All those Australian MP's and Senators? They are well aware of this; all of it. They have been sent material by members of the public on many occasions, often begging them to take a stand and expose this travesty, or asking them to demand an independent commission, or invoke an external police investigation.
It is an international scandal, and an innocent woman is paying for it with her life. Those involved in the offences described, remain immune from the prosecution they should be facing. Canberra appears to be spotless and white on the surface, when it is patently the exact opposite below the surface.
The Australian media, which lost its independence from vested interest generations ago, is shamefully silent. Utterly and completely silent. There has not been a solitary reference to any of this staggering information in any mainstream organ. Instead they point fingers at impossible smears.
The situation has become one of integrity, or the lack of it; the integrity of Canberra, and the integrity of the nation state of Australia.
THE TRUTH IS RESILIENT
The information proving all this has been published on the website of an international research team known as The Expendable Project. The reports on there contain the damning government emails; from Minister Ellison, Minister Downer, Minister Ruddock, AFP Commissioner Keelty, and others.
It is important to view these items directly - to see them for yourself. In the game of government corruption, and a puppet media interests, it is essential not to take anyone's word for anything at all.
The best place to start, however, is to watch the Expendable film on the front page. This was released two weeks ago, and it goes progressively through each of the crimes of state, and the reasons why they were committed. It has already been viewed by over 100,000 people. Despite the media boycott, it is viral, and the global public's reaction to it is naked anger and fury. Australians and non-Australians alike, are openly disgusted, as evidenced by public comments on YouTube and elsewhere.
The film can be viewed directly on the Expendable website:
Further documentation is available in the form of reference dossiers, the first of which was released today (www.expendable.tv/p/expendable-dossier.html). The second dossier, which is currently being completed, is scheduled to be submitted to a range of international agencies. That legal sanction, against those guilty of serious crimes in Australia, should have to be sought from outside Australia, is in itself a further self-inflicted indictment of that state. In cold human terms, it would appear that they would prefer the innocent victim, Schapelle Corby, to die, devoid of human rights, on her cell floor.
THE GLOBAL PUBLIC
However, the seed of truth is being sown on a global scale, as the film is being downloaded, and the Expendable website is being mirrored, by citizens in every nation.
With the Australian Department of Defence, ripping and vulnerability scanning the Expendable.TV website, almost on a daily basis, the producers of the film are encouraging this, and are urging viewers to make their own copies of both film and dossiers, and to distribute them.
The film itself states: "Future generations of Australians will look back on the Schapelle Corby affair as one of the most shameful in the history of the nation. They will view the actions of their government at the time with disgust and contempt". But, so extreme, and so visible to Joe Public, is the corruption demonstrated by Expendable, that unintentionally, Schapelle Corby may be the catalyst for changing the nation in the short term.
The deep seated corruption it reveals will shock many Australians, not only because it is inherent with the politicians involved, but because it transcends departments, agencies, and a number of corporations. It reveals a seam of ruthless self interest, which many will have previously sensed, yet dismissed through lack of focus or clear-cut evidence. 'Expendable' provides both, and may have a fundamental impact upon the long term moral compass of the nation.
However, if the ending of the Schapelle Corby affair isn't going to include the death of the innocent victim, the citizens of the world have a critical role to play, and it has to be played right now.
1. Schapelle Corby’s bags were 5kg overweight on the Qantas system, when she checked in without excess charge ($175). [Transit Report]
2. Neither Schapelle Corby or the court were ever TOLD that her bags were 5kg overweight on the Qantas system. [Supplementary Report]
3. AFP Commissioner Keelty told the media that there was no evidence of airport drug syndication two weeks before the verdict, when this was clearly, demonstrably and utterly false. [Transit Report]
4. Customs Minister Ellison withheld the vital information, that ONLY the boogie-board bag was not scanned, when Schapelle’s lawyer asked, TWICE. [Transit Report]
5. This information was hidden from Parliament, when direct questions were asked. It was withheld from the court. [Transit Report]
6. John Howard, and his friend, Head of Sydney Airport Corporation Ltd, Max Moore-Wilton, kept quiet about it, when they both knew. [Transit Report]
7. The AFP never investigated the reason for this missing screening data. [Transit Report]
8. Keelty, and the AFP, withheld all the other vital support evidence, including the information from the Kessing Reports. [Transit Report]
9. The AFP and DFAT demonstrably evaded the forensic tests Schapelle Corby begged for. [Mutual Evasion Report]
10. DFAT did not invoke the MACM treaty to obtain the sample of the marijuana which Schapelle begged them for, when they could have. [Mutual Evasion Report]
11. Ellison subsequently told a clearly false story about marijuana testing to a constituent. [Mutual Evasion Report]
12. The AFP and Qantas provided wholly contradictory stories about the missing CCTV footage Schapelle Corby pleaded for. [Transit Report]
13. The AFP told Parliament that they couldn't perform marijuana pollen tests, when they could, and indeed, had originally offered to perform them. [Mutual Evasion Report]
14. The AFP refused the services of a forensics expert, who was able to perform them. [Mutual Evasion Report]
15. Foreign Minister Downer and Prime Minister Howard endorsed the original Bali trial, when they were well ware of the multitude of legal and human rights abuses throughout. [Show Trial Report]
16. Ellison endorsed the burning of the evidence, when Schapelle Corby pleaded for it to be stopped. [Mutual Evasion Report]
17. DFAT have, de facto, endorsed and suppressed the ongoing documented human rights abuses of a mentally ill Australian citizen for seven years. [Health Report]
18. ACLEI, when forced to examine the AFP's role, were directly and demonstrably complicit with the AFP in producing a report which was an utter embarrassment to all parties [Whitewash Report]
19. A functionary, at the heart of the Howard regime when the above abuses occurred, was allowed to rubber stamp ACLEI's rubber stamp [Whitewash Report]
20. There a wholly unique flight delay pattern when Schapelle passed through Sydney airport, and whilst her bag was on the same baggage area as the Mocha Operation cocaine [Transit Report]
21. The government forced an Australian QC, Mark Trowell, on to Schapelle Corby, and then hide when he decimated her appeal by attacking her defence team to the media [Insider Report]
22. The precise role of Justice & Customs Minister Ellison, the QC’s long term friend, has never been explained [Insider Report]
23. When the QC subsequently admitted that he was working for the government, and not for Schapelle Corby, the government didn’t comment [Insider Report]
24. Downer and Howard publicly called a standard flour hoax a 'biological agent' and a 'murderous attack', when there was no evidence at all to suggest it wasn’t flour [PowderGate Report]
25. Neither of them said that the note included with the flour didn't mention Schapelle Corby, and was even written in Bahasa, when they promptly blamed it on her supporters [PowderGate Report]
26. Ellison did not alert all parties, to prevent the false (but support-wrecking) story from circulating around the world, when he was informed by email at 6:35pm [PowderGate Report]
27. The government seized Schapelle Corby's book royalties, when she was still in legal appeal in Indonesia, when they knew what signal this would send to Jakarta [Political Seizure Report]
28. They brought the Australian judiciary itself into disrepute, by extending its jurisdiction outside Australia, and holding secret trials, at which Schapelle Corby was not even represented [Political Seizure Report]
29. They denied her the funds for another appeal, and for medicine, even when they knew about the nature of the Bali trial, and about the vital primary evidence they had themselves withheld [Political Seizure Report]
30. The ABC engaged a clear campaign of hostility against Schapelle Corby and her family, which has included a number of known tools of propaganda, and which has even required a formal apology for presenting malicious allegations as fact [Opinion Management Report]
31. The dozens of breaches of the Freedom of Information Act, with respect to requests made on behalf of Schapelle Corby, remain totally un-addressed [FOI Abuse Report]
32. The direct linkage of DFAT funding of ‘scholarships’ to Jakarta, for dozens of journalists, and subsequent hostile reporting with respect to Schapelle Corby, were not been investigated when complaints were lodged with the Attorney-General’s Department [DFAT Network Report]
33. The serious media abuses, submitted to the government in 2011, were excluded from the Finkelstein inquiry, particularly those relating to the unlawful activities of the broadcasting media? [Expendable Documentary]
34. The Commonwealth Ombudsman supported the government with respect to every complaint ever lodged with respect to Schapelle Corby [Quango Report]
35. The AFP withheld a secret recording of two criminals discussing the collection of marijuana from Sydney airport on the day Schapelle Corby flew [Candidate Sources Report]
There is no longer a fence to sit on.